Marcello’s Italian Restaurant and Bar on the Piazza
is family owned and operated on the historic Lighthouse Square of Port Isabel, Texas. Prior to becoming a restaurant in 1984, our building was home to the old Lighthouse Grocery and meat market. Since the early 1950’s this space has been celebrated as a historic and important landmark in downtown Port Isabel.
In 1984, Vicente “Chente” Gonzales sold the Lighthouse Grocery to Manuela Stevenson who transformed the market to Marcello’s Italian Restaurant and a bar.
Retaining the original sound construction, she enhanced the outside with the decorative awnings and landscaped the small plot between the building and Queen Isabella Boulevard. In the early 1990’s, Manuela sold the restaurant to the Ahadi and Friedman families, who have collectively managed the restaurant for the past 20 years.
Today, Marcello’s ambiance and décor continues to transport our guests to old world Italy through attentive service, delectable cuisine and memorable dining.